Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank GOD for nurses!

Well, it's been a very scary week for our family. On Tuesday, while helping me file at Aubrey's school, Ashlyn began choking on a piece of hard candy that she was given by our school principal. Every time we go in, he gives her this same candy and normally, she's perfectly fine. This was not the case Tuesday. We were walking through the IMR when I heard Ashlyn cough, when I turned around to ask her if she was okay, she was bent over and gasping for air. I immediately picked her up and sprinted to the nurses office with her. The nurse ended up being able to get the candy to go down, instead of out, with the thrusts! It was the scariest day of my life as a parent thus far. The nurse likely saved Ashlyn's life that day! I thank GOD and all Ashlyn's guardian angels for watching out for us that day!

So, Wednesday we took a little thank you gift and note into the school nurse along with cards for the secretaries (who kept me so calm) and of course, the principal for keeping me calm as well. We also took in a little container of new candies for Ashlyn to enjoy on her next visit. FUNNY THING...the principal had already gone out that same night and bought new candy too (miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups)! He said, I was never going to let something like that happen again! Clearly this was merely a fluke accident and there's no one to blame. The most important thing is that Ashlyn is 110% and back to her business of keeping me busy!

On the same day as the choking incident, she took my copy stamp and stamped her hands and nose! I think that says it all:)

Have a wonderful day and thank GOD for nurses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Nurses is a sad story but i'm glad that she is okay

The Gerard Family said...

Thank gosh she is ok..That can be scary. I can't imagine what was going through your head at that point. Glad she is back to her normal self!!

Aubrey 2007-2008 Moran School

Aubrey 2007-2008 Moran School
It's all about Style!

Ashlyn Bridges School 2007-2008

Ashlyn Bridges School 2007-2008
An Apple A Day...Makes Me Want To Play!