Well, overall it was a busy week for us. It started with Aubrey bringing home 11 pages of homework in one day, which after 3 hours of completing the work and turning it in the next day; I wrote a note to her teacher explaining how I felt that was an extensive amount of work for a 2nd grade student to do in one day, even though Aubrey is doing Enrichment! Come to find out, little miss brought home a packet that they were supposed to be working on in class for two weeks. She got confused and we were very tired after a long night!
Ashlyn brought lots of laughs this week! It was 10:30 a.m. on Thursday and Ashlyn wanted me to make her a PBJ, so I did. She was eating naked on a sheet in my room (imagine that!)...she had a bath and just wasn't ready to get dressed. I had taken a shower as well, so I thought while she ate her PBJ, I'd just dry my hair. Well, as I dried my hair, Ashlyn came over and said, "here mommy." I didn't look at what she was handing me, figuring it was the crust from her PBJ, however, when I closed my hand I realized it didn't feel like PBJ crust. I said, "Ashlyn, what did you give mommy?" She excitedly said, "POOPY!" I couldn't believe it as I looked and sure enough, not only was I holding poop in my hand, but she had a piece in her hand too! I quickly grabbed the CLOROX wipes and began sanitizing us, the entire room and threw away the PBJ. I know LOL!
Our week ended with a bang, literally! While volunteering to do the school display at Aubrey's school, Shawn fell off the indoor roof in the school's foyer. He is okay, just a sprained ankle and lots of bumps and bruises, but it could have been much worse. He fell nearly 12 feet and luckily, thanks to our great friend Sherry, missed the ladder that was in the way. She shoved it in the opposite direction, so that he wouldn't get tangled up in that. Shawn is resting comfortably with his air cast, lots of ice, a bandaged finger (from cutting a nice chunk out of it on the metal roofing) and his trusty nurse Jessica!
We're hoping for more of a relaxing week next week:) Hope all is well with everyone!
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aubrey 2007-2008 Moran School
It's all about Style!
Ashlyn Bridges School 2007-2008
An Apple A Day...Makes Me Want To Play!
1 comment:
You crack me up!! Luckily I haven't had any "poop" stories yet that are like that one! Gotta love em...Hope Shawn gets better soon. Sounds like a busy week!!
Post a Comment